We have been hearing questions from residents and visitors regarding private campgrounds in the County, and would like to take this opportunity to provide some answers to these questions.
Alberta Health Services (AHS) is currently allowing private campgrounds to remain open at this time, subject to a number of practices including:
– Self-contained camping only. Including own water supply, holding tanks, and personal washroom facilities such as RVs and travel trailers;
– Prohibition of group camping, group bonfires, potlucks, etc;
– Laundry facilities must be restricted to a single user at a time;
– All shared washroom facilities must be closed; and
– Campground operators must provide info to campers about social distancing during check-in and check-out times. Signage stating rules and COVID-19 precautions must be posted.
We have heard a number of local private campgrounds that are currently following the guidelines provided by AHS.
If you wish to camp at one of the County’s private campgrounds, please remember to follow all AHS’ recommendations, such as physical distancing and washing hands after touching communal surfaces. In addition, we ask that you please limit interactions within the County.
We are working closely with AHS and Alberta Environment and Parks to ensure that we remain up-to-date on all matters that affect the residents of Cardston County. Updates will continue to be posted to our website and Facebook page as soon as they are received.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 403-653-4977 or email@example.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.